Monday, December 30, 2013

Letter #61

Dear Family!!

How is everyone? I was so happy I got to talk with everyone and see everyone :D It just made my Christmas!! :) 

I can not believe how big is getting, and that dad grew a beard!~ haha. I want all the kids to stop growing for a little bit!  My Christmas was so great :) I definitely missed the family, and it is so weird thinking I'll be home next Christmas. I am realizing that this is my last Christmas on the mission :(

The best part of Christmas was being able to talk with the whole family on Google plus. I was so happy I got to see Preston too. Seriously; that was all I wanted for Christmas!!  It was the best seeing him again! :)... He looked so good, and so happy! It sounded like his Spanish is coming along really well. I loved hearing him speak Spanish. I'm such a proud older sister :) I'm mad at myself, I was going to ask to hear the first vision in Spanish... I guess I can do that later.

So here in Florida we had a great Christmas. We went to the coolest family for the holidays; The Andres! Brother Andres is our W.M.L. (ward mission leader)  It was so great! We played games and ate a ton of food. It felt so much like home. They have the sweetest little daughter that just reminded me of all the grand kids. We got to play with her while the Elders where skyping. :) She is so cute!!  We also had District Meeting where we got together with all the missionaries and had a lunch appointment. It was a really great day :)  

Sadly, the rest of the week was kinda slow. Opening up a new ward is testing my patience... it was just a slow week. Everyone has been pretty busy with the Holiday's and everything else going on. Everyone wants schedule to see us after the Holidays. That has made it kinda hard, but it's been a pretty good week. We've meet some really great people. I feel like we are getting to know more people and the work is slowing moving forward. :) 

So beside getting to talk with everyone the most exciting part of this week was eating at the Amish Restaurant... no joke! Our church building is in Sarasota and on our drive home or if were driving around, we always see Amish people riding around on bikes. They ride 3 wheeler's around... Sister Calder and I would freaking out! haha. Only because we didn't know what to do. Do we take a picture of them? Talk with them? What ?!? haha So we got this gift card from a member in our ward to the Amish Restaurant "Yoders". We were in the area one day and and instead of driving all the way home for lunch, we went to this place hoping it would be good. So we get to "Yoders" and there this long line. It was like a 30 minute wait; which was a great finding opportunity for us! :) So we didn't mind that to much and then we found out that this place has been on TV... it was on a Man vs. Food episode! It was so great! Everything was super fresh and homemade. We liked it so much! Sister Clader and I got a whole pie and had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! We figured we needed to work that in before the New Year rolled around!

...So what is everyone's New Years Resolutions? I have never really been a "New Year Resolutions" kinda of person. Every year I do the same thing... It's always that I want to get healthy and lose weight. This year I'm trying to think of something more meaningful that I'll really stick with. :) I'll have to let you know if I think of anything by next week.  

Like I told you on Google Plus that we (the Missionaries) talked this last week in church. I didn't have time today, I'll have to try to send you my talk later. It went pretty well. We wanted to ward to get to know us better, so all the missionaries spoke about the Plan of Happiness. :) It was really cool, we all took a couple points to cover the whole thing. I was talking about the fall of Adam and Eve and our life on earth. I pretty much got the best topic! I don't know why, but it scares me talking on the mission. I want to do a good job and I just worry if I do bad we wont get any referrals! haha. I have been out over a year and I still hate speaking in pubic. Before my mission some people told me I'd get over it, but i still don't like it! I get nervous and I talk super fast. The members said I did such a great job, so that kinda helps. hahaha. I still don't like it. That is not a talent I got from dad! :( I am kinda running short on time and I wanted to send a couple of pictures. I love you guys so much!!! And I miss you so much too!! You are always in my thoughts and I pray for your safety daily! I love you so much and God be with you till we meet again!!

;) Sister Sharon Andersen 

P.S. Nicole: I got your letter the day after Christmas :) loved it!! Your card and pictures are on my front door!! :) Tiffany: You were right, that brush is the best! :) Melissa: Loved it kitty cat, Thank You! Crystal: I was so sick of my sprays! haha. And Mommy and Daddy: Thank You for all you do!!! Thanks for being my #1 fan, my biggest support, and my best friends! I love you guys so much!! I got all I needed and more!! :) 

Sister Calder & Sister Andersen Christmas Morning
Yoders the Amish Restaurant ~ 
Enjoying the food at Yoders...
Looking forward to enjoying that pie too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment