Monday, July 1, 2013

Letter # 35

Dear Family!
I'm glad to hear you all had a good time at girls camp! Sorry to hear it was raining though. So everyone slept in cabins? Is that really camping? So  Sister Calder and I made s'mores in honor of your girls camps :) I was very glad to hear that mom did not freak herself out too much... (being one of the 4 people in the kitchen) ha ha Oh, and Daddy... you didn't attach any pictures to your message. i want to see how everything has changed up at camp.
Oh yeah, and Melissa told me the Rays were coming to visit for the 4th :) Please give all the kids hugs and kisses from there favorite Auntie on a mission! :) Make sure to take tons of pictures and send them my way please!? :)
Yes Mother; I got the package! :) Thank you!! Thank you!! I got all I needed and more! :) You are the best!! :) It came at the perfect time... for some reason these last couple months I've been running out of money toward the end of the month. So the mango and candy were a perfect snack because I have pretty much eaten everything else. ha ha. Still trying to learn to manage my money. 
So this week has been kinda crazy! We found out one of our investigators Michella (I think I told you a little bit about her. IDK?) She was a referral from headquarters. She is my age and is staying with her parents while she is out of school right now. She is pretty much the sweetest thing! She been going to SUU. (Southern Utah University) She got a scholarship to SUU for gymnastics. That is how she found out about our church. We have been teaching her for about a month now.
She told us last week that she wanted to get baptized before she goes back to school. Sister Calder and I were VERY EXCITED!! However, the last time we meet with her; she said she wants to get baptized back at school so all her friends could be a part of it. We honestly just feel blessed to be a part of the process with her. We are just sad we are not going to be there, but are hoping to stay in touch... What was really neat though is that her parents would sit in on the lessons. They wanted to know and understand what their daughter had been telling them. They wanted to experience it with her.
It's really neat experience seeing a very close knit family outside of our faith... They are a very close family and her mom reminds me a lot of our mom! She found out that we are on our own and not reporting to someone everyday about where we are and stuff. So she got very concerned and worried. She asked us to call her and tell her when were going tracting (haha) AND to call her when we get home. :) So mom; you don't have to worry!! I have people watching over me! We are very lucky to have a LOTS of mission moms out here; everyone loves the missionaries!!
It's just so different not being a member of our church. I have learned that we are more different than we would like to admit. Sometimes I forget when we teach people that we are asking a lot of them. Sometimes it is to make huge life changing decisions. After realizing that not everyone grows up exactly like I did; having the same core values and not having the knowledge. I've been so very blessed to have it my whole life. :) 
Well I only have a little a little bit more time and wanted to send some more pictures this time because they are such a hit everyone that has been writing said something about them! :) :)  
I want you all to know how much I love and care for you! You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I know you are all in good hands and being well taken care of :!)  I love you guys so much!  
God be with you till we meet again
Sister Sharon Andersen


Some really old ones of Sister Westberg and I. :)
  SIster Andersen, Michella, Sister Calder
 President and Sister Summerhays and I.
 President and Sister Summerhays and I.
 Sister Calder and I.
 We have have a pretty rough day... so we bought a half dozen doughnuts. Maybe that is why we don't have any money?  ha ha  I am a borderline emotional eater! ha ha! It is kind of a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment