Monday, July 29, 2013

Letter # 39

Dear Family!!

How is everyone? I loved your letters; it sounds like you had a very eventful week. I am always happy to hear you guys are doing well! I know you arr being watched over while I am on my mission, but I still worry sometimes about how you are doing. :)I especially worry about mom being an "empty nester" and all now! I can tell she is keeping herself busy (like normal:) which makes me happy. 

Well, can you PLEASE tell Carly and Tianni that I miss them and I can't wait until I  hear from them!? Also let them know I am very upset that they got to hold and babysit my new little niece before I did! :( Melissa told me Carly did a great job... before I left she would sometime tell them that I was a baby whisper! hahhahaha She is getting pretty good with kids herself :) Love them!! I'm glad you had them over. I am so thankful for such great friends. 

I have been thinking a lot lately about the reasons why I came out on a mission...  Because that is what everyone asks you. They want a huge story to go along with it as well. Which I find funny because honestly; I think it is one of the hardest things to explain. There are so many reasons why I came out and served. I've been thinking about why did I came out at this specific time, and why was I sent to Florida? I really don't have an answer quite yet... but honestly I'm just so excited to be out at this time. This is one of the most exciting times to be on a mission! There has been so many changes,  and there is only going to be more! :) I mean already on my mission there's been the age change thing! It is so amazing; I have been so lucky to serve with so many awesome "younger" sisters. I think back on my life and really think... What was I thinking? Honestly... even though being one of the "older sisters" I actually get alone with younger sisters better. Weird? :D  Like WAY better. I think that's why I actually had such a hard time with Sister Williamson and Sister Goodwin. But idk? 

I'm just so thankful that the Lord knows me...and knows what I need :)

I am out at such a historic time. The Lord definitely knows us :) I look back and kinda question why I'm here? I am completely out of my comfort zone! I am talking and teaching people all day. Sometimes I think to myself... "I didn't sign up for this? Oh wait yes I did!" hahahaha. With new people I'm honestly a pretty shy person. It's not until we become friends when you can't shut me up! hahah
Being in a new area has also pushed me way WAY out of my comfort zone. Not really knowing anyone or what your doing. I guess that is the life of a missionary for ya! :) 1 Nephi 4:6 ... but i'm trying to learn how to embrace change! To love and live in the moment. :) Time has gone by so fast. I don't know what happened to the first half of my mission! :) I am trying my best... and that's all I can control! And I'm honestly trying to help as many people as I can. I am really loving the work! And trying to grow along the way!
So we had interviews this week... which was awesome! At first it kinda freaked me out because they were so different from...when President Summerhay's was here. Our new President Cusick is so different! He is very blunt and to the point. He is a true business man :) and honestly he kinda scares me a little bit :) I have huge respect for him already. He is such a great mission president! He may not show his love for us... as much as President Summerhay's did but you can tell he really does love and care about all of us. I can also feel his excitement for the work! I really needed this interviews... he told me exactly what I needed to hear.

Well I'll have to tell you more about it next week, I'm running short on time like always. I love you guys so much! :)

God be with you till me meet again :) 

P.S. Make sure to watch the Ray's game this Saturday! You may get to see me :) It's "Mormon Night" and we get to go :) They are playing the Giants... I don't know who to root for!?... Remember Daddy when I was younger; I would ask who's the bad guys here? Well Daddy: Who is the bad guys?? ha ha ha ha
Love you guys so much!!! You are always in my thoughts and prayers :)
P.S.S  I'm really going to try to send pictures today :) I want you to see how beautiful Brooksville is :) Sorry about my spelling I was kinda in a rush :)
Love You!!!!! 
Sister Sharon Andersen 

No comments:

Post a Comment