Monday, August 5, 2013

Letter # 40

Dear FAMILY ~
This week has been crazy, and full of surprises :)  Well first of all... I got to go on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders :) Sister Moreston is our STL in our zone and she is great :) She's the sister that was in the worldwide broadcast... I got to learn a lot from her, she's a great missionary! It's really strange... as much as I hated and sometime still hate but, the second you're leaving your companion it feels so weird... you get too used to having someone with you 24/7.  It was this weird pull, I can't explain it; like you don't feel whole. There's such a protection being with your companion and not being alone. It's the same thing with transfers. Every time I've driven up to Tampa, I've been too nervous and didn't feel completely right. It's a weird feeling and is going to be a huge adjustment when I get home I already know. So Mom, prepare yourself for being with me for a while :) Anyway enough about that :)  ...
Secondly, we got to go to a Rays game!! Which was so much fun... it was also so weird. It was one of the few times when I didn't feel like a missionary. I felt kinda normal which freaked me out? But I think it was because we were surrounded by so many people and the music was blasting. idk?  It was really fun though!!! There were a ton of missionaries! :0 I got to see all my old companions :) And don't worry, I took a ton of pictures :) Sadly I don't think I'll be able to send them this week; but hopefully next week. (speaking of pictures, MOM did you get the one that I sent? And that's Sister Cusick's number just in case you need anything:) She's so sweet for letting us use her phone :) Sorry daddy, I would have had it sent to you; but I don't have your number memorized :)
And thirdly, it was my 1/2 birthday on Saturday :) Thank you Tiffany and the kids and the family for reminding me and for my packages :) I loved it and may have had a little too much fun :) I took some pictures of that as well and will have to send those your way too :) I put up all the decorations and had a good time. Thank you, Ray family!! And then i went to the Ray game :)
Then lastly, I went to a Baptist church this week... for the record, it wasn't my idea :) We have an investigator we're trying to get to church and she said if we go to her church, she'll come to ours :) It was definitely different... but it proved to me that every church has some truth in it. We teach people that everyday and that was the first time I went to another church. But it's true a lot of what they were teaching was correct and really trying to worship Christ to the best of their ability in the best way they know. They are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it. But it was definitely a different experience -- there was a lot of singing and yelling and jumping up and down.

But it was a good experience that strengthened my faith in this church. That's there are a lot of good people out there that need this church! That need the fullness of the gospel. There so many people that are trying their best and searching. It's just all of our jobs to help them. We have something they don't. We are so blessed :) I'm more thankful everyday for this gospel. I love it so much! And I know it is what brings true happiness!!!
Well, like always, I'm running short on time :) I love you guys so much =! I think and pray about you always!
God be with you till we meet again :)
Sister Sharon Andersen 

P.S. Oh yeah, I almost forgot :)  Thank you Birds!!!!!! I loved my hump day package; it came exactly when I needed it :) I love it :) And I have pictures I needed to send you too :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment