Monday, December 31, 2012

Letter #9 (after Christmas)

 HELLO FAMILY!!! 
 I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!! AND A HAPPY
 NEW YEAR!!! What is everyone's plans? Dad said they are at the birds? 
 I hope you guys are having a good time. Didn't we spend New Years at the
 Birds last year?? We sang and played games on the PlayStation. I think 
 that was fun!!!! This New Year is going to be different for me ~ That is for sure!
 First of all, we have to be home early because they don't want us out and on 
 the rode tonight. Thankfully we have a dinner appointment tonight so we won't
 be alone :D We are eating with the Senior Missionaries. They are so sweet! I
 love Senior Couples!!! They always watch over us, and even check in on us 
 every once in a while.

 So... I LOVED "skyping" with you guys! It was so nice to get to see everyone!
 I just wish it could have been longer, but that always my wish. I never get
 to talk, write, or see you guys enough. I was very pleased with myself
 that I was not crying the whole time. I was so thankful for that! I had been
 praying that I would not be a "hot mess"on skype... just crying the whole
 time. I really wanted to be able to enjoy the time I got with you. The only bad
 thing was having to say goodbye. I have to keep telling myself that it is not
 goodbye; it is see you soon! :) I was so thankful for the Seamon Family for
 having us over and letting us use their computer. Sister Seamon was so
 helpful! She was there for me after I had to hang up and just gave
 me and big hug and started talking with me and taking my mind off of having 
 to say goodbye! She reminded me that it is only 5 FAST SUNDAY'S until I 
 get to talk with you again. She said when her children were on missions she
 would count down the fast Sunday's. She wouldn't count the days, instead 
 she count fast Sundays. She would tell herself  "I'll see my son in 12 more fast 
 Sunday's." And that really helped her. Oh, and I found out I can Skype home
 for Mother's Day!! :) As long as that what you want to do Mommy?

 So funny Story... Leading up to Christmas I had been praying and praying that
 I wouldn't get to home sick after seeing everyone on Skype. I guess I should
 have been praying that I just wouldn't get sick in general, because the
 day after Christmas I got really really sick! I caught some bug that
 was going around the ward. I woke up and my stomach was hurting so
 bad! I felt like I had to throw up but nothing was coming out :(  The
 member's house that we were able to stay at was just getting over being sick.
 I think that is were I got it, but it was really hard. I hate being sick
 on a mission!!! I felt so bad. I was trying to rest and feel better,
 but then I felt SO guilty because I did not want to be at home lying in bed!!
 I wanted being out visiting and teaching the people... So my companion told
 me to call Sister Summerhay's. That really helped; she helped me not
 feel so bad about taking the rest that my body needed. I still felt like there
 was 2 appointments we should got to. So I made myself get out of bed
 for a couple of appointments that I felt like we couldn't cancel.  our plan
 was to cancel all but 2 of our appointments. So by the time we left we
 were running a little late and the people we were to meet with were not home :(
 I was so upset that I had made myself get out of bed and was really trying to
 work and there were not even home. However, looking back at it; the Lord was
 really watching over us. He know I would have gone and worked even if
 i was not feeling well; and that I would have felt so bad if I got
 someone else sick. We ended up leaving notes at the home. That situation
 really opened my eyes to how great the Lord is at planning. He
 has numberless back up plans for us. The Lord has a plan and he is the only
 perfect planner. He puts the right people in your path when the time is just
 right. I am so thankful for that! He is watching over each and
 every one of us and has a plan for all of us. I mean Christmas Day we
 were on bike and if i would have got sick then I would not have been
 able to go on any visits. I would have had to stay at the apartment all
 day long. He waited until we had the car and I was more able to do
 more. I did not really have had the energy to even leave the house, but because
 we had the car that day I was able to still do a little. It really showed me
 that he never gives us more that what we can handle. I hope I'm
 explaining that right...? And that I made sense...? It might just make sense
 in my head....

 So this week was tough just because I wasn't feeling well. I'm honestly
 just starting to feel back to normal. Being sick really showed me how we
 can be strengthened from our Savior. How through him we can do all things.

 I love you guys so much! I was so thankful that I was able to talk
 with you also. I am so thankful that I have a family that supports me!
 I know that not all missionaries have that. I am thankful for all of you!
 And all you do! I fell so bad I didn't think that I thanked everyone
 for all my Christmas cards and packages that I received. I feel so blessed!
 :) Thank You Mommy and Daddy! I got all I wanted and more for
 Christmas!!!! I love my new scriptures (and am thankful for how light
 there are! My back is thankful too :) Thank You for all the treats
 mommy!!! I still haven't eaten them all  (Thank You Preston for helping
 make them too :) Thank You Daddy for my "Give Blood" t-shirt :D 
 I think of you every time I put it on. I am glad you didn't forget that tradition!
 I am thankful for all the gift cards too...  I will be set for a while, and my 
 favorite candy and shampoo! Oh and all the other things you sent! Most of all
 I am thankful for having you as a family!! Thanks for the love and support I really
 feel  it from all of you! I am also glad that I was able to spend a little time
 and got to see everyone. That was the best part of my Christmas!!!

 I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!
 Sister Sharon Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment