Monday, June 10, 2013

Letter #32

Dear Family!!
No emails?? I'm guessing maybe mom is trying the dear elders.com thing? IDK (=I don't know) Well I have not got it yet. :( Well anyways... this has been a crazy long week :) I wrote you a little bit about it in the letter I sent home. I am not sure if you got that yet but...  
Monday was our usual P-DAY... and Sorry again that my letter was so short :( I totally lost track of time reading Preston's Letter :) I was just so happy to hear from him and we were kinda rushed because the whole zone was going to Costco! (The things that missionaries do for fun!!) The Costco trip together... it is so fun doing stuff as a District and Zone! It is especially fun out in public because we get a lot of stares :) Sorry if I tell you everything about my week in this letter because I think I said the same thing in the letter I sent... I guess we will see if that happens.
Tuesday we did service again. :) Mom ~ I am pretty much a master at raining rooms not and laying glue on the floor for tile:) (I am not sure what she was trying to say in the last sentence) We already reached the 500 hours needed for that family. Mya and Dima- they are a very sweet Russian family that got baptized about a year ago that live in the ward. Right now we are continuing to go and help them. We are trying to meet new people and maybe find a family we can volunteer our time too. We hope that our service to them will help them to be interested in learning more about the church.:)  
Wednesday- we had our District Meeting. We meet with a couple of returning members. (President Summerhay's does not want us calling them less active anymore. I am trying to get into the habit of calling them "returning members".) It is a very positive way to look at it :) 
Thursday- the most crazy day of the week!! I wrote you a hand written letter because we were on lock down!! We were not allowed to leave our apartment :/ It was so crazy!! So we have this white weather box in every missionary apartment. It goes off if there anything we need to worry about, because we can't watch the news. So on Thursday morning it went off!! (At 1, then at 3, and then again at lunch!!) It sounds like a fire alarm. I was already awake because of the rain but it for sure scared me!! It is funny though because the day before at District Meeting and we were going to go over all the stuff we need to do. We got an "In Case of an Emergency " packet thing that tells us what to do. Sister Clader and I were kind of freaking out, but we felt prepared and that everything we went over was inspired! So we got a text during our morning studies to stay inside until 11 am. That was when the watch was over.
We were trying to not freak out; then we got another text telling us we could not leave our apartment until further notice! That is when we really started freaking out! We started going through all the steps trying to find a safe spot. We got our mattresses to try to see if they fit into our bathtub... and they didn't!! So then we went into out closet with them and got our helmets and 72 hours kits ready to go. 
We were really freaking out so we called the Elders in our ward and they put us at ease. They said that it wasn't that bad. We also had members checking the weather for us and keeping us updated. Then we just we're having fun with it taking video's and we also made a forts and watched The Testaments. Besides being completely freaked out and having to cancel all our appointments it was pretty good day. :0 There was a tornado spotting in Cape Corral which is about 20 miles North of us; It is in our Stake boundaries though.  
Also, for some reason we thought it was Fathers Day this Sunday!!?? At least I know daddy will get his present on time this year! :) I sent a letter and just a little something for him! 
However;  that was not the most exciting part of our week... get this!!! One of our investigators committed to be baptized on the 22 of this month!! And it will be on the beach!:) I don't know how much I told you about her. Her name is Dawn,  she is in her 40's and she just walked into church one Sunday and said that the Lord had lead her there. She has got a kinda tough life and she enjoys walking; it helps her think I guess. One day she was walking it was after a rain storm and she was chasing a frog and it lead her to our church building :) The Naple's building is kinda hidden in the back and can be hard to find :) So the frogs lead her to our church:) She's a little different and kinda quirky but she is great!!! We also found 3 new investigators this week!!! Pretty good crazy week :) I am running out of time and I kinda wanted to send you some more pictures... 
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! PLEASE keep me in your prayers!:) and forward Preston's letters!! 
I love you guys so much!!!!!!! 
~ Sister Andersen 







LOVE THESE PICTURES!!~~

No comments:

Post a Comment