Monday, August 19, 2013

Letter # 42



Dear Family!
Well; I'm glad your excited about being released... I'm not!! :( I wanted you to be the one to release me and come pick me up. Everything happens for a reason, so I'm guessing it was for the best. That kinda comes as a surprise. It will be nice to have daddy at our ward for once! :) (for those of you not in the Sacramento North Stake, my father was the 1st Counselor in the Stake Presidency and was released last Sunday at Stake Conference) 
So another transfer passed. I can not believe it it went by so fast. The next one going to be even shorter, it will be only 4 weeks:0!! That is why everyone is getting to go home 3 weeks earlier than normal. (2 weeks from this transfer, and 1 week from our 5 week transfer a while ago) I am not 100% sure, but I think it's to match up with the M.T.C stay because that was shortened by a third. I also think it was to sink up with the Haitian Creole Elders. (sorry about that spelling?)  
I am staying in Brooksville for at least another month!!! :) Sister O and I are going to stay together :) I am really glad because it felt like as soon as you get comfortable and used to your companion that is when they change you around. I am trying to get better with adjusting to new situations :) I am trying to enjoy change more, even though I hate it!! :) However I am always trying!
This week has been really good... well, besides having to speak at church! :/ (Needless to say I STILL HATE SPEAKING.) Everyone told me I'd get better, or feel more comfortable with speaking after being on a mission... WELL... they lied! I still don't like it, and I feel like I am bad at it!! Everyone said I did great; and that I am a better speaker than I know. The mission has helped me open up to people that I don't know. It has also helped me to feel comfortable talking to strangers. It doesn't scare me as much actually. * Funny side story about strangers. My companion and I were visiting a "returning member"; who was probably the sweetest thing ever. She told us to not to talk to any strangers! hahhahaha! Well that's kinda our job! Sister O and I didn't know what to say to that! :) So then she said "Just talk to the nice strangers!" haha. Anyways... :) 
I spoke at church yesterday. My topic was Rising to the Call... I only had one day notice! Like we have a ton of free time, It's not like we're bringing souls to Christ or anything ;) (read sarcastically)  Maybe they figure we are just suppose to be able to wing it by now. idk? It didn't help that the ward was jam packed and all that what was going through my mind was if I do a bad job the members won't give us any referrals!
So highlight of the week :) We set a baptism date with Kilar!!! We are shooting for the 31st of this month. We might have to move it back; his grandma is going to be out of town, and then we have Stake Conference. I will keep you updated on that. We are also trying to meet with Hannah and Gracies mother this week. We want to work out how we can get them to church and get permission for them to be baptized. So we are really excited about that! We have also been getting a few new referrals; which means less knocking! :) That is always nice :) I am running short of time... so just want to tell you guys I Love You and I did get my package. Thank you Thank you all family!!! I loved it and it has really helped me sleep at night! Thank you for all the love and support!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS ALL SO MUCH!!! God be with you till we meet again! :)
Happy LATE Birthday Daddy! It looks like you enjoyed it!!!! I hope they spoiled you rotten. Sorry that my present was late and kinda small!!! (Yes it was a gator tooth and I wrestled it just for you :) Love You Daddy!!!!!! Love You Mommy!! Love you family!!! Thanks for everything :) I hope all is well :) 
Love Sister Sharon Andersen <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment