Monday, October 28, 2013

Letter #52

Dear Family!! 
THIS HAS BEEN A CRAZY WEEK! I am out of money, we are out miles, and we are out of food... jokes! We have some... but It's been a crazy week. Yesterday was the first time in a while that we have been on bikes. It felt so good. Being on "full car" sometimes you don't feel like a missionary. However, when you are on bike you do! You get stared at and you draw a lot of attention to yourself! haha especially when you are riding a bike in a skirt! hahaha. 

I love how everyone tells you what you will learn on a mission: 
you learn to cook 
clean 
mange money 
study... 
I've loved learning all these things, but what they don't tell you is... I've gained so much from my mission. I think the thing I love the most is that I have learned how to love! I have also learned to see people the way Christ does, and try to have that pure love. My time spent working and serving the people here in Florida; I have realized that I just want what is best for each of them! 

I have also learn how to love life! Even when times get hard, because the mission is HARD! There is a reason it is called "the best two years" not the easiest two years, because it is not...

Being on a mission has changed me . For the best!!  I have learned so many things that I could not have learned other wise. We had the coolest training at D.M. (District Meeting) this week. One of our ZL's (Zone Leaders) asked us to think of the happiest and most joyful times in our mission. I just had so may memories and different times pop into my head. I couldn't narrow it down to just one! I was studying Preach my Gospel and I was reading in the beginning  message from the First Presidency and it really stuck out to me. This is what is said;

Dear Fellow Missionary:
We compliment you on the great opportunity you have to be a missionary. There is no more compelling work than this, nor any which brings greater satisfaction.
Preach My Gospel is intended to help you be a better-prepared, more spiritually mature missionary and a more persuasive teacher. We urge you to use it daily in your personal and companion preparation, and in your district meetings and zone conferences. Study the referenced scriptures and learn the doctrines and principles.
We challenge you to rise to a new sense of commitment to assist our Father in Heaven in His glorious work. Every missionary has an important role in helping “to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man” (Moses 1:39).
The Lord will reward and richly bless you as you humbly and prayerfully serve Him. More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among His children.

I love the promise they give us! And I have to admit it is so true! I don't think I have ever been as happy as I have been on my  mission... more happiness awaits you!! That is a promise for all if we serve him! I'm so thankful for the decision I made to come out here. I am also very thankful for all your support and love. It is well received! 

~Sister Sharon Andersen 
 THANKS for the Package!!
 Ready for the Trunk or Treat...
 The Bishop's son dressed up as a Missionary!! haha!
 Scary Pumpkin!
 Gross Pumpkin and Nurse to help it get better
 cute little pumpkins
Don't worry we got PLENTY of Treats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment